Tigers United XLI photos

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've seen some photos from the event on other platforms, be great to have a thread where people can post photos or setup albums in their profiles to share the event for those of us remote.. So starting a thread where maybe people can put updates.

Capture+_2022-06-11-13-09-47~2.png

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry you can't be here. And sorry I've been way too busy to post anything... plus my wifi here is pretty slow.
(Leaving in a few minutes for the autocross)

John Nikas spoke last night on Rootes rally racing.
We have participants from all over attending. Theo drove his Tiger here from Alberta. We have other international attendees from the UK and Australia.

IMG_E2035.JPG

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
CONCOURS PHOTOS:

Here is the site for the Concours, before many of the cars were set up. Some of the cars shown were for display only and not being judged.

A_IMG_0331.jpg

The most popular class was the Personalized, with 14 cars being shown.

A_IMG_0342.jpg

A_IMG_0343.jpg

A_IMG_0344.jpg

Two Alpines were present.

A_IMG_0345.jpg

There were 13 cars being shown in the Modified class.

A_IMG_0347.jpg

And finally, 11 Tigers were shown in the Stock class.

A_IMG_0346.jpg

Last edited:

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More wheels.
47657D44-E17A-47A9-9A08-B985D5E13686.jpeg
ABE1EB0B-367C-4D5E-A3BE-53DDFA5AF776.jpeg
1CA18B72-FB95-4C7F-A001-9C3FF6BA7B2F.jpeg

Panasport was definitely well represented but there is a decidedly different aesthetic between the different diameters and offsets so I ended up with a few showing up here.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A mad scramble to get Philā€™s hood unlatched, after the clip that holds the release mechanism together disappeared:
9D7861CC-1A4B-4A77-8692-7AC08E200AAF.jpeg

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It was a magical time for me. My first Tigerā€™s United experience. Then the drive back to Riverside, for some reason the choke decided to go full on and flooded me out. AAA to the rescue and issue discovered when back home and we both cooled off a bit. All better now. And more photos to share.

4C97037F-6DB1-4ACB-90C5-D570F57F2D7C.jpeg

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
And the winner is the red mk1 with the white wall tires and rare crosshatch wheel trims and the modified red Tiger with the black rims and red bumpers Thanks for sharing

Jeff_H

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
It was a weekend of helping and a great example of teamwork - Patrick, Bill and Peter dive in to change a leaking fuel pump - Peter even managed to find a spare fuel pump ! Its only $50 of fuel on the floor so nothing to worry about :)
IMG_0710.JPG

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
It was a weekend of helping and a great example of teamwork - Patrick, Bill and Peter dive in to change a leaking fuel pump - Peter even managed to find a spare fuel pump ! Its only $50 of fuel on the floor so nothing to worry about :)View attachment 15563
Fortunately the pump is in the trunk and not over one of the mufflers

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Why did they remove the clock and lighter to fix the fuel pump? šŸ˜‚
It was a weekend of helping and a great example of teamwork - Patrick, Bill and Peter dive in to change a leaking fuel pump - Peter even managed to find a spare fuel pump ! Its only $50 of fuel on the floor so nothing to worry about :)View attachment 15563

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Removing the fuel line over the muffler is not a problem. Disconnect fuel line lift up higher than the tank after shoving a pencil or golf tee in it.... tie it with a string to insure it doesn't start dripping when you look away, like a penny a drop :(
I had one of the 3 pump failures.

Warren

Gold forum user
And the winner is the red mk1 with the white wall tires and rare crosshatch wheel trims and the modified red Tiger with the black rims and red bumpers Thanks for sharing
Gary the owner of the red car was second or third place in stock class.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup, we should Log all the parts failures.

I ran the Rally with Steve Alcala and his Almost finished Tiger, when the NEW heater control valve started LEAKING!

DW

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It looks like Patrick is just watching but it's nice to give him credit for helping. Bob J.