TKO Production Ending

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've heard a rumor from a very reliable source that the TKO 5 speed transmission that Dale and others have modified for Tiger use is going out of production soon! It may be a month or two but it's happening.

So if you've been sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to buy one or not, the decision is about to be made for you.

Some parts for it are already becoming hard to obtain.

Buck

Last edited:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I know of two persons who install modified TKOs in Tigers.

Bill Martin sells and installs the TKO developed by Modern Driveline while Dale has developed his own.

I believe Tom Hall still has some of his T-5 kits for Tigers remaining which he sells and installs. His T-5 kit is not TKO based.

Buck

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Is Tremec stopping production on the TKO's or are the "aftermarket" modifiers, giving up?

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
E Mail from Tremec

Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:29 AM
To: fmandell@.com <fmandell@.com>
Subject: RE: Contact Form Tremec Website

Good Morning Frank, and thank you for choosing Tremec.
No, the TKO is not being Discontinued.

Thanks,

Doug Kovach
Customer Service Representative
Novi, MI 48377
Phone:. +1 (248) 859-6321
Doug.kovach@tremec.com

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting.

One other rumor I've heard since my original posting it that Tremec is considering making a run for a new overdrive ratio for the TKO - which would make no sense if they were dropping the model.

Another rumor is that Tremec has already started delivering the bare cases of their successor tranny to certain clients so that those installers have something to work with in designing new applications.

I suppose only time will tell who is correct - the customer service guy or my rumor's "reliable" source.

Buck

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just placed my order with Modern for a new 5-speed, flywheel, bellhousing and clutch. They are still available! Very pleased with service and expertise so far. Cliff