Torque Arm by Dan Walters

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Does anyone have any photos pf the forward installation to the cross member. I am trying to understand if the bottom plate is welded and the loop is then bolted or if both are bolted

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Both are bolted, though the instructions in the January/February 2014 issue of Tiger Tales (available here on the forum if you join CAT) recommend welding as well.

-Jon

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Thank you for the responses and now understand how to attach. Its slightly difficult to garner information when your on the other side of the planet in dear old isolated Aus.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
...where Wretched Excess is only a starting point...

I talked to a long time Tiger guy who was concerned about his very early production

Tiger Torque Arm.

It seems after a recent extensive "tune up", the Tiger now puts out 593 HP to the REAR WHEELS!

The GOOD news, for the Torque Arm, is the car retains it's rather mild look, with it's 205 wide Tires.

I'm assuming the Tire man and Long time Tiger guy will become frequent and good friends.

:------

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I don't know all the details.

I do know it has a blower.

And I can guess it is a total aftermarket engine with a big bore and stroke.

...just your basic Grocery getter stuff....

DW

Last edited:

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Thank you for the responses and now understand how to attach. Its slightly difficult to garner information when your on the other side of the planet in dear old isolated Aus.
Can anyone advise on the rubber bush that is used to ancxhor the forward arm of the Torque arm ie what car it came off or where i can source one

Warren

Gold forum user
Nice new forum software . Click on share and it's off to the Dan for a response.

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Sorry Warren. You response is a bit to cryptic. Do you mean you have already sent the question off to Dan or that the functionality is available to do just that.

And if it is the latter, how does it get specifically to Dan?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry Warren. You response is a bit to cryptic. Do you mean you have already sent the question off to Dan or that the functionality is available to do just that.

And if it is the latter, how does it get specifically to Dan?
Theo,

I think warren is saying you can direct the response to notofy him.. Either # his user id, or send him a PM.

As a sidenote the user spmdr signing off his posts DW ... Is Dan.. So cojlf always DM him ;)

Warren

Gold forum user
Okay , there's a icon with 3 little dots in a horizontal V . It's a share button. It can be used to send a thread to a friend, or someone in your contact list or someone in your email list. The old system you actually had to type in there email address and there was no share icon it was not as easy. Plus the conversation or old forum name private message can be used. Most systems will start to suggest a username as your start typing the recipient's name.
Dan also is listed in the old White pages section, and could be in the resource section. I thought Dan would reply sooner, hence my text like previous response. Dan AKA Spmdr has made a couple other responses yesterday in other threads , " click on what's new in hamburger menu" that would also be easily clickable to ease direct contact.

It's a little hard to turn every thread into a how to do list as we have a section for that as forum questions.

I don't know where he sourced the rubber part I know I've got mine laying waiting for installation in my to do pile.

Last edited:

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tiger Torque Arm front mount rubber is sourced from an early '60s Ford leaf spring front rubber.

I have used two different types of Spring rubber through the years.

I don't have the application off the top of my head.

DW

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Thank you Michael, Warren and Dan. Your help is very much appreciated. Armed with this knowledge, will see what I can source

Warren

Gold forum user
There is some lettering on this fine hunk of rubber for my T.A. it says Harris b76 and it also has a part number 600 543 and FG. Hope these pictures help.

16147346145357730295739390257459.jpg

16147346385231326723589290018733.jpg

16147346671827892018839631565404.jpg

16147346954763005690500945434841.jpg

Last edited:

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, it's made by Harris, part of Dayton Parts LLC, but their part number is HB-394

I have not noticed any markings on the part to be anything meaningful.

And I don't know of any other manufacturer who makes those parts.

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
I have successfully tracked down the mount/bush in good old Aust. it is from a 63-64 Galaxie and 62 Thunderbird. The information previously provided was spot on that allowed me to track this down. Greatly appreciate the help. Part number is HB381

TArm Bush.JPG