Twn Turbo Tiger

Quicktigerman

Bronze forum user
Really neat car

I've seen this car many times on websites and I can't help wondering how they would let it race without the required safety gear. A roll cage and certification is required at every track I run at. I didn't like adding 30 pounds of rollball, but I had to anyhow. Let see, to go 9.99 you need certified cage, transmission shield, belly pan, trans catch can, flywheel shiels fireproof pants, boots, coat and gloves, comp license, doctors certificate, sfi everything, and most tracks require mufflers to run Super Gas. I guess the tracks back East must have different rules or something. One of my friends ran 9.80 in Seattle and was told to leave the track immediately because his chassis wasn't certified.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
I've seen this car many times on websites and I can't help wondering how they would let it race without the required safety gear. A roll cage and certification is required at every track I run at. I didn't like adding 30 pounds of rollball, but I had to anyhow. Let see, to go 9.99 you need certified cage, transmission shield, belly pan, trans catch can, flywheel shiels fireproof pants, boots, coat and gloves, comp license, doctors certificate, sfi everything, and most tracks require mufflers to run Super Gas. I guess the tracks back East must have different rules or something. One of my friends ran 9.80 in Seattle and was told to leave the track immediately because his chassis wasn't certified.
Don't worry I've been ask to leave because of not having a cage.
Most races I go to are not NHRA events or NHRA tracks.
Now don't take this the wrong I'm all for safety and have been licensed and my super pro car had all the certs. But I really think NHRA event suck for the sportsmen racers.
I just had a friend of mine get killed on a so called NHRA track. But it was his own stupidity that he got him killed god bless him but it was his fault, his car was built by one of the best pro mod builder around but when you think your invincible is when bad things happen.
I not trying to say I'm any smarter then the next guy but I really feel when its your time its your time
I'm not living in the East any more I'm in Las Cruces , NM

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
quicktigerguy

Are you drag racing your tiger? Any times to post? Specs or pictures.
I'm always interested in other Tigers that are drag racing them.

Quicktigerman

Bronze forum user
Yes sir, I race. I run SuperPro. Thinking about getting chassis certified next season and running Super Gas but I don't know yet. Her's a pic for you. I don't run any power adders but the runs low 10's at elevation, can go 9.70's and 80's at sea level.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Yes sir, I race. I run inSuperPro. Thinking about getting chassis certified next season and running Super Gas but I don't know yet. Her's a pic for you. I don't run any power adders but the runs low 10's at elevation, can go 9.70's and 80's at sea level.

What is the specs on the motor and transmission and gear?
What's that car weigh?
You are from back east right?
Thanks

Last edited:

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Yes sir, I race. I run SuperPro. Thinking about getting chassis certified next season and running Super Gas but I don't know yet. Her's a pic for you. I don't run any power adders but the runs low 10's at elevation, can go 9.70's and 80's at sea level.

Did you just buy this car because I thought I talk to the guy back in New York?

Quicktigerman

Bronze forum user
West coast Tiger

Hi Jerry, No, I bought my Tiger originaly in So. California at a Porche dealership in 1967, I'm the second owner. I've done all the mods myself including building the motor. I'm a mechanic for the state so that's been no problem. The engine is a 363 stroker Dart Iron Eagle block. Canfield Heads, 14 to 1 compression, all forged internal parts. Don't run any power adders but the engine makes more than 600 hp N/A. I just backhalved the car so I don't know exactly what it weighs now but it did weigh 2611 with me in it. Should be quite a bit lighter now but I haven't weighed it or run it yet. Just trying to make it more consistant (these Super-Pro boys are tough around here). Has a C-4 trans with all roller parts, hardened input shaft, trans-brake, 6400 RPM stall converter (Dynamic). Rear end (new rear end) is a fabricated Moser housing, with Strange spool, motive 4:30 gears Moser axles and Strange forged yolks and pinion support. I have a brand new set of M&H racemaster tires I'm going to try instead of the Mickey Thompsons that I have been running. I use a Biondo delay box and I've toyed with the idea of an air shifter but they're expensive for my Cheetah shifter. Trickiest part of my mods was building the motor plates which allows me to run the 1 7/8 headers with 3 1/2 collecters. Very expensive for the custom headers too. Thanks for asking about the car, Jerry!

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Thanks for getting back to me, really neat car and set up.
About 20 yrs ago I built a motor plate out of a piece of aluminum work my tail off and then one day I was at a buddy's Fab shop and he had all these differtent motor plates all cut out ready to go so brought three of them and went home and took my hacked up plate off and put one those new one on, one of the best thing I ever did.

Who did your headers? I've had bigger flanges welded on the stock cat headers and since I opened up the frame rails I have a ton of room for bigger headers and i know Im
down at least 75 horsepower because of them.
Yea your right bracket racing is tough I used to do a lot of it in FL had all the gadgets for bracket racing then I just bought a super pro car.
Take care

Quicktigerman

Bronze forum user
Headers

Jerry there's a place called Gunner Engineering that made the headers for me. I fabed the flanges myself to match my Canfield heads and I also supplied the collectors and they did the rest. I think your assesment of 75 horsepower difference is about right. Most race engines have primary pipes that are way too small. I would sure like to have a set of the new Glidden gen 2 cylinder heads that are out. They flow over 400 on the intake but cost $7000 (!!!!) Man you could run high 7's, low 8's on the motor with those I'll bet.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Jerry there's a place called Gunner Engineering that made the headers for me. I fabed the flanges myself to match my Canfield heads and I also supplied the collectors and they did the rest. I think your assesment of 75 horsepower difference is about right. Most race engines have primary pipes that are way too small. I would sure like to have a set of the new Glidden gen 2 cylinder heads that are out. They flow over 400 on the intake but cost $7000 (!!!!) Man you could run high 7's, low 8's on the motor with those I'll bet.

I just found out a quick way to p/u that 75 rwhp , Garrett just sent my Turbo guy info on new billet wheel for 57's and it will cost less than 500.00 to do them.
I really need to cage up my car maybe this winter.
Thanks for getting back to me.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user

That wheelie is crazy--how did the front suspension hold up upon landing?

Quicktigerman

Bronze forum user
Yeah, when it came down, it smashed the headers, oil pan (a $800 canton pan), front spoiler, even bent my motor plates. This picture wasn't even taken at the true height of the wheelie. At on point all 4 tires were off the ground and the only thing that kept it from back flipping over was the rear bumper! Very expensive whoops.