Where to buy larger rims

rpraymond

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have a 67 Tiger with the 14" LAT aluminum rims. I would like to put 15" rims on it. Are they available somewhere?
Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Several suggest the VTO wheels price wise. Then there's the 15 LAT copies that Sunbeam Specialties sells. Nice you're Tigers story .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When
I have a 67 Tiger with the 14" LAT aluminum rims. I would like to put 15" rims on it. Are they available somewhere?
Thanks
When you say LAT rims... You mean the LAT70s ( as opposed to the LAT9 pie cutters)?

I asks as you say 14".. The sunbeam ones were 13" ...but.....there were 14s made for others cars... Are yours 14 or 13" ?

rpraymond

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
You're absolutely right they're 13" it's been so long since I had it out that I forgot. I'm going to try and post a picture of the wheel.
1658162658996.jpeg

rpraymond

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
If you read about the car in My Tiger Story, I'm planning on having it restored starting this fall.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have the same wheels. They are Western Dan Gurney wheels. I like them.

rpraymond

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
pfreen, thanks for the info. Any idea where I would buy them or what they're called?
Thanks again

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
All I know is from Google. They were popular on vw, porsche 914 and corvairs.
There are some used ones available, but not for Tigers.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
pfreen, thanks for the info. Any idea where I would buy them or what they're called?
Thanks again
As mentioned a little earlier.. Sunbeam specialties offers a 15" verison of this wheel made by VTO for the sunbeams

Of course there are minilite wheels and various similar design from panasport, VTO, BG and JBW. There are 15" Silverstone replicas . and VTO also do a libre 4 spoke for sunbeams

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
These are my new wheels from Image. They are 16 x 7 but Image will make what ever size you like with stud choice and offset. On my suspension, I needed a 5 inch back space to place the wheels inside the fenders, but another car may need a different offset. I choose the 3 piece Billet 50 style which was originaly made for the UK Ultima Spots Car. I choose Image because my unique suspension needs with a large backspace made it hard to find a production wheel. Centerline did have one model which I initially used but I like the style and appearnce of the Image better. Suspension is a Dale's front and Ford 9" rear. Cliff
Wheels2EM (2).jpg
Wheel1EM (2).jpg