Wilwood Front Brakes

WigsTig

Silver forum user
Hey Guys.
A question for anyone running the 11.75" Wilwood brakes up front... is the hub to hub distance the same with the Wilwood installation as the stock set-up? Just wondering if the front end tracking changes at all. Thanks a bunch.
Cheers! Mike

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Same

IIRC you will be using the stock spindles and wheel bearings. I have not upgraded from stock brakes.

Rick

tigerracer

Silver forum user
The forged aluminum hubs that are included in the Wilwood kit do not change the track. If you are interested in a kit give me a call, as I'm a Wilwood dealer. I sell the brake kits for $1150.00 including the brake hoses.

Dale Akuszewski
Dales Restorations
909-799-2099

WigsTig

Silver forum user
Thanks a bunch Rick and Dale. Exactly what I needed to know. And thanks for advising price and availability Dale. All indications are that it is a great upgrade.
Cheers! Mike

trevor91773

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
pedal position.

Will the installation of the aftermarket brake kit affect where the pedal engages the brakes? I am a little concerned that the pedal will not engage the brakes until the pedal is near the floorboards considering the new calipers will likely hold more fluid than the stock ones.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Will the installation of the aftermarket brake kit affect where the pedal engages the brakes? I am a little concerned that the pedal will not engage the brakes until the pedal is near the floorboards considering the new calipers will likely hold more fluid than the stock ones.

I have the wilwood front brakes and RX7 rear disk brakes with a lockheed booster and OEM master cylinder.

Once the system is completely bled, the pedal feel is just about stock. I am very happy with the pedal feel and the performance of the brakes is amazing.

002-53.jpg

014-2-1.jpg

Rear RX7 brake install - http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15458

Last edited: