3/8's fuel line routing

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm getting ready to replace the fuel line on my Tiger with a 3/8's inch upgrade and would like some direction on routing options. I've got some ideas but would love to hear from those that have done this and feel good about the outcome before I dive into this.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Fuel line routing

I was going to go Vintage racing. The rules state that the fuel line can't be inside the vehicle. The original routing inside the driveshaft tunnel would pose a fire hazzard if a u joint or driveshaft broke, plus the heat from the headers approaches 1200 degrees. Mount the fuel pump in the alpine tire well or the frame behind the inner wheel well,then run fuel lines along the inside rocker panel with fuel line entering the engine compartment through an existing hole in the feront inner fender panel.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
I am keenly interested in your recommendation myself. I am having difficulty visualizing where and how one gets a line into and through the rocker panel cavity and back out. Any additional details or even pictures of such an installation you could share?

Gene

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Say What ?

I am keenly interested in your recommendation myself. I am having difficulty visualizing where and how one gets a line into and through the rocker panel cavity and back out. Any additional details or even pictures of such an installation you could share?

Gene

DITTO !?!?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On our race Tiger we routed the 3/8" SS fuel line along the inside of the rocker seam below the floorboard on the passenger side of the car. Just before the wheel well it crosses further inboard to the frame where there's a small triangular hole that goes vertically into the engine compartment. We ran the line up through this hole.

Never have had any problem, much less than with Tech.

bt

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
bt and chirodoc,

Quite possibly you are both saying the same thing and I misread chirodoc's post. If so, I apologize for spreading my own confusion to everyone else. If the two approaches are indeed any different, please enlighten us further!:)

I found what I think is the triangular hole that allows you to go vertically up into the engine compartment. It is a gap where about three sheet metal pieces come together on the outside of the frame rail and just forward of where the starter relay is mounted on the engine bay side. However, there is no hole currently in that cavity on the engine bay side where the starter relay is mounted. So a hole would have to be drilled there to allow the gas line to come up along the outside of the frame rail and through into the engine bay. Do I have this right?

Gene

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks boys, seems far easier than going back up the tail shaft tunnel and finding a route free of close contact with the headers, and the driveline. I thought about going up the tunnel, and following the contour of the bell housing and back dooring, if anyone has done this I'd sure like to know what challenges there are with that if any. Cheers, Don