B382001924 back on ebay

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Did this sell the last time?

$(KGrHqR,!iIE6H)eYPzBBOkMGMwM)w~~60_12.GIF

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...6097258?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a154e926a

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Also curious

I thought it had some fairly high bidding for something that needs a ground up.

Warren

Gold forum user
It did

Sell or ? it was up to 26K and change and there was a winner. Often amazed on how someone can repost a listing and not mention the fact that is is back up for whatever reason. Love the lic. plate frame,
Warren In So. Cal

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Another Point Of View

Two of our 4 cyl clients are CPA's and admit the car weakness despite the debit values. They caution to adjust the true market value by the amount it would take to do a fair quality restoration. In which case, more than 2/3 of the Tigers we've done would have a starting value of far less than zero . . . . .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
ebay

CPA's have a hard time understanding the phrase " he who dies with the most toys wins". many look at owning or restoring a car as an investment. the cost of a well done restoration will almost always be far above the selling price of the car if you decide you need to sell it. so how do you break even?

Cal44

Gold forum user
Some people make a big deal to go out to dinner and will spend big money (I don't get it, it's just food), others spend money on things they think they need (Rolex, big house etc.). Come too think of it, I do like the idea of a huge arse garage complex.

Cars are like a horse. You spend, you enjoy and the heck with it.

My formula is the "fun factor". If it's fun.......you ain't loosing money.

I am reminded what the old man used to tell me, "I don't remember being here before, better live it up now".

By the way, if I added up the monies I have lost on cars over the last twenty years.............it's best I don't think about it............but, it was fun.

Getting to the Tiger. I bet there was some shill bidding. Ebay is an ocean of tricky waters.
Mike

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It's only money, I suppose.

Le Quote:"My formula is the "fun factor". If it's fun.......you ain't loosing money"
Well yes, to a point. Although, the cash dumped into gear-head manias sure pales compared with other obsessions. Only because of a grandfathered license I held, we were involved with NFA weapons research for about 20 years and I rubbed noses with the Class 3 Title II BATF crowd. The disposable income of this bunch would leave 100K worth of smokin' brass on the ground in half a weekend. Now if I could only get a couple of these spoiled toy boys to dig into some Rootes tin . . . . . . . .