Engine color

Cal44

Gold forum user
Was there anytime the engine color changed from black to blue or was it always black throughout production?

Regards

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Was there anytime the engine color changed from black to blue or was it always black throughout production?

Regards

This has been discussed on the list a few times. There does seem to be a transition point to the blue... ill see if i can dig up the suspected cross over.. the book of norman might also refrence it.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
"Old Ford Dark Blue"

From the "Here Come the Judge" section of the BOOK.

From the beginning to B382000600 Engine Black

From B382000601 to the end (of the Tiger Build) "Old Ford Dark Blue"

Anybody have an engine painted "Old Ford Dark Blue" that can post a picture?:confused:

Cal44

Gold forum user
I am fresh out of my copy of Mr. Millers book, damn. Thank you guys, I will start a fake Miller book in the form of a three ring binder.

Mike

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
As to the question about pictures in the correct color, I do not have any but you might be interested in some in Mustang Monthly. I did a search on the internet for Ford engine color and came across their article on the subject. In it they talk about the darker Ford Blue that was adopted across all engine lines in 1966. I cannot vouch for them as a reliable source or not but their article has the following information that I have cut and pasted here:

"We've learned through observation andconversation with restorers that Duplicolor's Dark Ford Blue (1606) is an accepted color for '66 and later Ford engine restorations. An alternative, when Duplicolor isn't available, is Krylon's Dark Ford Blue, which is also the correct shade of dark blue. Plastikote is another paint brand, Royal Blue (1134) an acceptable color for '66 and later."

Again, some pictures are in the article.

Regards, Gene