Tiger for sale 9/1/11

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The thing that caught my eye is the steering wheel and dash seem to be in really nice and original condition.. wonder if they were restored a while back.. or the car didnt see much use/came fom a colder climate?

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Very curious, I just went to take another look and all but the first image are now not available? Ebay having problems or seller now blocking them somehow?

In an earlier look, I was surprised to see the Rootes spare keys under the the JAL tag. Is that how they came? I do not remember that when I took delivery of my car, but maybe the dealer took them out from under there first?

Those Powered By Ford valve covers look like the original Buddy Bar Castings. Very crisp lettering, ribs and has the little bracket to mount the spark plug wire separater al la the chromed OEM steel covers.

Gene

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Gene,

I can see all the images still... as for the keys... interesting method.. though can't imagine that they left cars like that.. maybe rootes exported them like that to the states and in the pre-delivery period they would remove them and they just forgot? not sure.. seems a bit of a stretch .. but you never know with rootes:rolleyes:

AHudson777

Silver forum user
You guys are good. I looked at that photo of the JAL tag and thought, 'what in the world are those oddball looking spacers??" Keys. Wow.

They look like they've been there a very long time. The car has cobwebs older than the repaint.

Under trunk looks like it had been repainted blue at some point.

Somebody's future project.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tiger

michael,
one of the local sunbeam owners about 20 miles away started hauling new sunbeams out to dealers back in the 60's. he has told us that the spare set of keys were as shown in the photo. not much chance of losing them. on my fastback, i found the original spare set in a plastic sleeve taped to the floor under the carpet at the gas pedal. they had not been removed when it was originally sold.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
I thought early Tigers came with a T-10,with a short shifter. Also didnt the first Tigers have a black dash?

A-Snake

Bronze forum user
I thought early Tigers came with a T-10,with a short shifter. Also didnt the first Tigers have a black dash?

This would not be an early car. This is B9472329.
No idea what the sellers means by "only 1100 made" and "one of 1st off the line" :confused:

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
the spare key storage topic is really interesting. Might be also the reason why some cars are lacking the JAL tag. Did they also do it on the SAL tags on Alpines ?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The key to the mystery be ?

Zounds like a key question fer Norm . . . . . .