Tiger Tail

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had a pleasant surprise the other day rummaging through a box, and came across something cool in an unmarked box. Inside was a set of the optional rear Tiger tail stripes and instruction sheet. See photos attached. I'm not sure if this is original, or an old reproduction set, but is definitely old. One of the local guys has them on his white Tiger, and that is the only one I know of in Canada. Is there any information on the exact location for these stripes? I wonder if they will still adhere to the car after who knows how many years. It's something that would be somewhat unique nowadays, and I think would look good on my Mediterranean Blue car.

Tiger Tail 1.jpg

Tiger Tail 2.jpg

Kenn Moody Tiger.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I dont think they gave defunitive dimensions for install like they did with aerials etc.

Tim Morin used to sell sets of these on ebay for years. I thought about buying some for my silver Tiger....but in the end didnt do it.

They can look great on some cars...soso on others... They shorten the look of the car...but on lighter colour cars are less obtrusive

Warren

Gold forum user
Michael, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would point out the 3 ears on the car in the brochure as you have in the past ;)

I think they look great on the early car but would prefer a removable vinyl material. Great for the dust collection shelf of NOS stuff in your man cave.

Like the closet n box finds, Ron always fun .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would point out the 3 ears on the car in the brochure as you have in the past ;)

I think they look great on the early car but would prefer a removable vinyl material. Great for the dust collection shelf of NOS stuff in your man cave.

Like the closet n boxe finds Ron always fun .
I try not to be a d1ck ALL the time šŸ˜‚

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
As my car will be back from the paint shop next week, I am planning to add the tail stripes - in chrome tape.

Is 50mm/2" the correct size for width?

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have a stripe kit I bought who knows how long ago to put on my car hopefully still happens came in a roots box. Using my dial indicator
the stripe measures 2.275 so it's closer to 2 1/4 inches wide. I have a copy of the installation instructions if you like. Kevin

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have a stripe kit I bought who knows how long ago to put on my car hopefully still happens came in a roots box. Using my dial indicator
the stripe measures 2.275 so it's closer to 2 1/4 inches wide. I have a copy of the installation instructions if you like. Kevin
If it's a self adhesive stripe kit, I would be concerned that the glue may have lost it's grip. Depending on how old it is, you may want to test the glue on a small piece of the stripe before putting it all on the car.
Rick

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If it's a self adhesive stripe kit, I would be concerned that the glue may have lost it's grip. Depending on how old it is, you may want to test the glue on a small piece of the stripe before putting it all on the car.
Rick Agree with that I actually have 1 strip on my car I screwed up putting the second strip on so bought a second aftermarket kit. Going to paint car eventually so will make sure it will still adhere. One thing the first strip still looks good but not seeing light of day for 35 years it hasn't seen much sunlight last left the house back in 2014 when I had car authenticated

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have my rear deck off my car getting it ready for paint I tried a small section of the stripe kit I have and adhesive not so good will peel it back farther and check again, but looks like I'll have to source another option