1966 Sunbeam Tiger

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
When I bought a 68 Mustang several years ago I used the "father dauughter" project excuse---but we really did do it together, I was very proud of her.

leepear

Gold forum user
Second day I had the car my daughter came over to help sort it. She is 30 and a true car chick. She claims my 1970 oldsmobile w-30 convertible 4 speed as hers and was three when I had my first Tiger. Car is running now and just needs a clutch master cylinder to be on the road again. Pretty cool Tiger but I wish it was left the original midnight blue color.

Lee

Edlo765

New forum user
I may be the missing buyer

In July of 1973 I purchased my 1965 Tiger from a co-worker of my fathers who was going to use the Tiger as a trade in on a station wagon. His name was Don and he lived in San Mateo, CA (SF Bay Area). He made me one heck of a deal knowing I was a poor college student. I still have the car. I wonder if the San Diego gentleman is the same person? This was the best investment I never intended to make.

leepear

Gold forum user
The person I recently purchased my white/was midnight blue Tiger from (Steve) bought a new white tiger in 1965 and totaled it soon after he purchased the car. He bought mine at an auction to relive his youth and never really did. I think the price reflected it sitting and in non-op condition.

Now it is a runner and might be worth a little more. I am still sorting the car and will probably be doing it for some time but having been a prior Tiger owner I don't think you ever stop sorting these cars. The first time I drove it after not owning one for almost 30 years I had forgotten all the quirky things, gas petal/brake position, turning radius and I could go on and on. Probably why we love these weird cars.

Lee