Fuel Pump Relocation

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
The use of nickel/copper tubing for the fuel line from back to front eliminates all of the potential fuel leaks / fire hazards of the rubber hose connections. It's very easy to work with and requires very little force to put it where you want it. It's very easy to work with.
So, were you able to run the nickel/copper lines from front to back with no rubber fuel line connections?

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
So, were you able to run the nickel/copper lines from front to back with no rubber fuel line connections?
Yep Sure have. Spent quite some time getting the bends right. My Tiger, at some point, one of the previous owners used stainless steel flexible hose and I had no idea where/how they originally where routed. Took lots of photos of an unrestored Tiger and followed the lines using pipe benders, have to say that it has worked out a treat into the boot. The only thing I did not follow was to keep the line straight from the body after the cross member going to a bracket on the engine. I bent the line up (opposite the starter) following the body and into the engine bay.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Yep Sure have. Spent quite some time getting the bends right. My Tiger, at some point, one of the previous owners used stainless steel flexible hose and I had no idea where/how they originally where routed. Took lots of photos of an unrestored Tiger and followed the lines using pipe benders, have to say that it has worked out a treat into the boot. The only thing I did not follow was to keep the line straight from the body after the cross member going to a bracket on the engine. I bent the line up (opposite the starter) following the body and into the engine bay.
That is very similar to my situation. My car has braided Aeroquip hoses, so I had no idea where they are supposed to go.

Where did you get your nickel/copper lines from? What size are they? Di you buy the compression fittings separate?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That is very similar to my situation. My car has braided Aeroquip hoses, so I had no idea where they are supposed to go.

Where did you get your nickel/copper lines from? What size are they? Di you buy the compression fittings separate?
I buy 25 feet rolls at the local Advance store as well as fittings. Name your size. I know that the other big box parts stores also stock it.

CobraTiger

Silver forum user

My lines are 5/16", purchased from a local brake shop in Melbourne, Aust. I connected the hard line to the fuel pump using Proflow 5/16" to AN6 fitting and the same fitting from hard line to the carburettor. Sorry, am on holidays though back home next week and could get photos for you if that would be helpful

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
My lines are 5/16", purchased from a local brake shop in Melbourne, Aust. I connected the hard line to the fuel pump using Proflow 5/16" to AN6 fitting and the same fitting from hard line to the carburettor. Sorry, am on holidays though back home next week and could get photos for you if that would be helpful
When you get a chance, I think it would be helpful to see pictures of the hardline to fuel pump/carb fittings.
Thanks!!

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Finally got to the car to take some photos. Here are the photos of the hardline under the car. Ill get the photos to fuel pump and to carb today and send in separate post

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
To add to the previous post, here are photos of the hard line connection using Proflow 5/16" hardline to AN6 to fuel pump

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
And lastly, hardline at front, up drivers side near though away from the starter motor (my car is RHD), stopping below steering column, then Proflow 5/16" to AN6 for flexible steel braided fuel line to the carburetor

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Finally got to the car to take some photos. Here are the photos of the hardline under the car. Ill get the photos to fuel pump and to carb today and send in separate post

View attachment 18901

View attachment 18902

View attachment 18903

View attachment 18904

View attachment 18905
Thanks a lot for the pictures and information. Your set up is very much what I want mine to be. Your fuel pump and fuel filter are a lot like mine as well. What are the specifications of those connectors that screw onto the cross-over tube? What is the silver braided hose for?

As you can see in the pictures of my car, the fuel pump and filter were mounted higher up on the back wall of the trunk. That's because, there was a really lame fuel cell mounted in the trunk. I have since removed it and re-installed stock fuel tanks, and cross-over tube. The system also used the silver braided hose all along the bottom of the car, right up to the carb. I want to replace that with steel fuel lines.

Fuel pump.jpg

Fuel Filter.jpg

CobraTiger

Silver forum user
Thanks a lot for the pictures and information. Your set up is very much what I want mine to be. Your fuel pump and fuel filter are a lot like mine as well. What are the specifications of those connectors that screw onto the cross-over tube? What is the silver braided hose for?

As you can see in the pictures of my car, the fuel pump and filter were mounted higher up on the back wall of the trunk. That's because, there was a really lame fuel cell mounted in the trunk. I have since removed it and re-installed stock fuel tanks, and cross-over tube. The system also used the silver braided hose all along the bottom of the car, right up to the carb. I want to replace that with steel fuel lines.

View attachment 18919

View attachment 18920
The silver braided hose is for my rear brake line. The connection is hard line 5/16"to AN6 for the braided line to be connected to fuel pump. I have a small filter before the pump and another *FRAM after the fuel pump going towards the engine

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
The silver braided hose is for my rear brake line. The connection is hard line 5/16"to AN6 for the braided line to be connected to fuel pump. I have a small filter before the pump and another *FRAM after the fuel pump going towards the engine
Do you remember what the threads sizes are at the crossover tube connection?