KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Al, It was great to meet you and Bruce in person. Glad to hear you think I got a good Tiger. The body work was what attracted me to the car.

I got another shipment of parts today that should keep me busy for a while. I got a new wiring harness, steering column, a proper steering wheel and the correct shifter.

Maybe we can connect next week to see your cars and Bruce's. It will be interesting to see a right hander.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Well, it has been 18 months since I brought the Tiger home, so I thought an update would be in order. I have sourced most of the parts needed to finish the car. Lots of work has been done on it: rebuilt brakes, finished most of the interior, detailed and installed most of the engine compartment bits, put in a completely new wiring harness, restored the gauges, cut holes for the turn signals, installed the windshield and countless other small to large projects. A big thank you goes out to Al and Bruce, who live near me that have helped tremendously to get me to this point.

So, today, I got to drive the car for the first time (other than from the trailer to the barn). It starts, runs, shifts and stops. Most everything seems to be working pretty well. Since this was just a one mile shake-down run, I did not get it up to speed and the temp gauge started to climb rapidly, so I had to put it away for the day. All in all, I am really happy with its performance so far. The engine seems strong and it shifts smoothly.

Here are some pictures as it looks the day of its first drive.

Marty

First drive photo.jpg

Rear 3qtr view fisrt drive.jpg

Engine compartment.jpg

Console-seats.jpg

Interior-dash.jpg

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Looking good Marty, glad Bruce and I could help out. Nice base to start with but is always a chore to figure out all the stuff in boxes and other creative mechanical/bodywork workmanship. Straightest black Tiger I have ever seen with gas cap and front turn signal deleted. Will be good to see it finished!