Happy 50th Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If any kind soul has the means, B9471122 would like to know its birth date. sure to be younger than its present owner, it is now on a supa dupa machine that measures all the frame so the body man can perfect it. Yippee

Dont you have some friend up there you keep mentioning with 2 copies of TBON? :eek:

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
If any kind soul has the means, B9471122 would like to know its birth date. sure to be younger than its present owner, it is now on a supa dupa machine that measures all the frame so the body man can perfect it. Yippee

Your build date is: 10/22/64

Moondoggie

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
B9470960 LRXFE

Was constructed on Tuesday October 13th 1964 and was one of 13 Tigers constructed that day. Nine are accounted for as of today and two are in California another two are in Florida with one each in Pennsylvania, Washington. A couple are in Alberta Canada and Pinneburg Germany

Moondoggie's Tiger

CT Tiger

Silver forum user
I have BON will look them up if needed . PM me . ( edit ) Ok FYI my BON only is legible up to page 193 after that all the pages are stuck together from water damage . I can only make out up to b9470648 sorry .

Last edited:

steven

Gold forum user
Your build date is: 10/22/64

Moondoggie

Thanks, I was 13 at the time, a few years later got my first Sunbeam, a series 3GT alpine in a very sad state, that got me hooked. And my first bride. Neither the car or the bride lasted. :D

Last edited:

Paul4223

Gold forum user
Our car: B382000241

The original owner's registration was as a '67, but I'm almost certain it was produced in 1966. Color code is 1, which I chose when we did the resto. It was red when I bought it.

I've always preferred dark colors on the Tiger anyway. Might as well be the original. :)

Thanks for any info on birthdate.

Paul

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Our car: B382000241

The original owner's registration was as a '67, but I'm almost certain it was produced in 1966. Color code is 1, which I chose when we did the resto. It was red when I bought it.

I've always preferred dark colors on the Tiger anyway. Might as well be the original. :)

Thanks for any info on birthdate.

Paul

The build date is.........: 9/6/65 !!!! Last recorded owner was Paul Sander of LaCanada Ca

Moondoggie

Paul4223

Gold forum user
The build date is.........: 9/6/65 !!!! Last recorded owner was Paul Sander of LaCanada Ca

Moondoggie

OMG! Thanks so much, Dog. I am still the owner. It's a keeper. :)

I did ask Norm to change the registry after we moved to the Pac NW.

I realize ALL our cars are special, but is there a certain significance to the build date of mine?

Thanks again. I love this forum. :)

Paul

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cornfusion ??

1965/8/20 Jensen date sir.

Found my original notes on the birthday matter; August 27, 1965. This doesn't mean either date is wrong, though. Perhaps the Jensen notations will eventually clear up the difference.
Thanks for the input . . . . .:eek:

Mooncat17

Bronze forum user
Thanks to Mr. Moondoggie for confirmation on data Rick at SS gave me long ago, B9470017 build date is June 11 1964, My 8th birthday. Happy Birthday to us. Time for a cocktail and some armourall.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Early Cars

Mooncat

Congratulations! You take the honors for the first birthday post. That is one very early car you have. Does it still have the original engine? If so, I would really be interested in knowing the casting code and casting date.

Happy Birthday!

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Not so fast

Where is the picture of the Birthday Tiger. Owner can be in a photo as long as not blocking view of Tiger. No picture is leaves us with only an imagined vin plate and Jal # to make a wish for.

Rick

Last edited:

Mooncat17

Bronze forum user
No luck Jim. I purchased my car in the summer of 76 complete but with a C-4 conversion. A few years later my engine and its valve covers were among a few items I didn't get back from Barry's. currently running a 289,C-4. and a 3:54 Posi. I hate freeways. The reason I'm not making SUNI this year is all the projects in the shed. A 5.0, T-5 and a can of moonstone paint.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My Tigers Day

Hi All,

On 19 June 1964 Jensen Motors reported my Sunbeam Tiger Mk1, B9470033FE, complete. It was the 33rd Tiger produced, although records indicate it was the 22nd Tiger off the production line. One of two Tigers that rolled off the line that June day, my Tiger was followed by 0035. As fate would have it, 0035 was pressed into factory service as the 1965 Targa Florio Tiger. As one of the first Tigers produced, my Tiger is equipped with one of the Borg-Warner T-10 transmission supplied by Shelby-American for installation into the first 56 Tigers, until Ford could stand up its supply line of top loaders. In addition, my Tiger is one of approximately 400 early Tigers produced with the black vinyl dash.

Originally a California car, the previous owner purchased it from an owner in Florida. The pre-restoration photo dates from the late 1990’s. During a complete “rotisserie” restoration in 2000-2003 the car was returned to its original color—Carnival Red with black interior. I refreshed the restoration in 2011 to refit and refinish the soft cover compartment panels and address issues with the original lead-filled body seams.

Originally equipped with an engine from the E7KL engine group, that engine was unfortunately long gone when purchased by the previous owner. A period correct Ford 260 cubic inch V8 engine consistent with the 7 November 1963 build date of the original engine was installed. The restored engine includes several LAT options. The remaining drive-train components include the factory original Borg Warner T-10 transmission and Salisbury Dana 44 rear axle.

The seats and interior panels are restored to correct early Mk1 specifications to include contrast piping.

The footprint of my Tiger includes period B.F. Goodrich 600 x 13 bias ply white wall tires on factory steel rims, with original beauty rings and center hub caps. Alternatively, 185 x 70 x 13 tires mounted on reproduction LAT 70 5.5 x 13 inch wheels are mounted for normal driving.

I know many of you prefer the more personalized/modified cars but given its very early production number, I have tried to keep things relatively stock in appearance. I have added a couple more photos of my Tiger including one on the course during the TE/AE United XXXIII Autocross.

No special plans for its 50th birthday… It is a warm one today, so maybe an evening drive along the Potomac.

I am hoping this 50th birthday announcement thread catches on and we get to hear about many other Tigers as they reach 50.

Happy Tigering!

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Hi Jim,

Really nice story and info on your car, and it looks simply stunning. Happy Birthday!:D

Gene

Mooncat17

Bronze forum user
Hi Jim, Beautiful car. #34 is also carnival red and resides near me at South Lake Tahoe. My one away is #18 in San Jose, which is recently finished in its restoration in Moonstone. Joe.

D

dgraway

B9472344 b-day info

Looking for b-day if someone can provide for B9472344.

I also just sent off an INF70 form to CA DMV to see what I can find about previous owners.

D

dgraway

Missed bday this year

Jensen 65/2/04 with some 3 others
Colour #39
No other info

Thanks for the info, looks like I missed the 50th bday but it is interesting that February is also the month of my bday :)

Will need to celebrate this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.